IoT Data Logger for Rockfall Safety Solutions – Geobrugg GUARD
A simple, quick glance at the dashboard replaces the time-consuming and sometimes dangerous walk in the field: the Geobrugg GUARD is a smart device attached to the rope of a flexible net barrier. Waterproof and with a battery life of seven to ten years, it comes equipped with a selection of sensors to measure environmental and physical data. It transmits multiply encrypted measurement data via mobile radio to the cloud.
Key data and technical details
- An autonomous IoT device for continuously capturing measurement data, such as the tensile force in a rope (DMS), corrosion and acceleration parameters, and environmental data.
- Encrypted transmission of measurement data to a Google cloud (MQTT and Protobuf)
- Can hold up in challenging environmental conditions:
- temperature range of -30° to 80°
- Waterproofed for rain & snow
- Accelerations up to 200g
- Battery life: 7 – 10 years