Concept for a New Motor Control Platform (Modular System)
The Interroll Group, one of the world’s leading specialists in intralogistics, offers a series of motor control modules for conveyor roller systems. These can be used to control a variety of EC motors and achieve a wide range of different bus topologies. They ensure an optimized flow of goods and, thanks to their simple cabling and configuration, can be assembled and put into operation in very little time. Helbling drew up a standardized concept for the new product family, from the very first ideas and technical principles up to and including the blueprint containing the design details. Helbling was commissioned with the task of standardizing the control modules and developing an innovative kit-based concept. At the same time, the control modules also needed to be able to accommodate future requirements. To achieve this, Helbling combined its methods expertise in the areas of complexity management and product innovation with its technological know-how in the fields of mechatronics, network engineering and device construction.
Key data and technical details
- Uniform architecture (housing layout, connections, shapes, assembly, sealing)
- Designed for several different bus topologies (daisy chain, master-slave, host)
- Innovative installation principle (bus for data / power supply, piercing system, silicone cables)
- Standardized, intuitive user interface
- New features and improved conformity with standards