Software Development for Power Electronics
A supplier from the automotive industry develops control units and modules for control of power electronics assemblies with high electrical power. Among other things, these are electrical motor control units implemented as modular PWM controllers, which regulate the output current for the motor depending on the setpoint.
Helbling develops the complete embedded software for the electronics, including driver layer, control algorithms and all monitoring and diagnostic functions. The software is developed through various sample phases until it is ready for series production.
Key data and technical details
- Current with 12V or 18V output voltage
- Maximum output current 50A
- Switching rate 18kHz
- PWM interface with 1kHz or LIN
- Error detection with error message
- Detection of blockage and short circuit
- Voltage and temperature monitoring