Integration of a MEMS Sensor and Antenna Matching for Radio Remote Control
A leading supplier to the automotive industry develops and produces intelligent radio remote controls for use in keyless entry systems of various OEMs. To improve comfort, all variants of an existing radio key are to be equipped with a MEMS sensor to collect additional environmental data.
Helbling’s task is to integrate the MEMS sensor into the limited space of the radio remote control PCB.
Key data and technical details
- Different PCBs with small installation space
- A total of 9 different key variants
- Firmware on microcontroller with limited resources
- Implementation in Assembler and C
- Functional test using a test box to generate and evaluate the radio signals