Software Development for Control of Solenoid Valves
A supplier from the automotive industry develops ECUs and electrical modules for controlling and diagnostic functions in the power train. One of these functions includes the regulation of solenoid valves.
Helbling develops the complete embedded software for different variants of a valve regulating device as part of a combined control unit. Helbling implements the driver layer, valve control algorithms, and all monitoring and diagnostic functions.
Key data and technical details
- Two microcontrollers with synchronized inter-processor communication via SPI
- Processing of setpoints via LIN interface for valve current control
- Required high precision in control leads to hard real-time requirements
- Continuous measurement of supply voltage, current flow and chip temperature
- Diagnostics including diagnosis message via LIN and failure reaction